Advice index

How do I claim?

You will need to fill in a claim form.

Go to and download the claim form SF200. Then print it out, fill it in by hand and post it to us. For more information, please contact Jobcentre Plus.

Also, you should contact the DWP Bereavement Service. They can do a benefits check of what you may be able to get, take your claim for certain benefits over the phone and tell you who to contact to claim other benefits.

Phone 0345 606 0265 (0345 606 0275 if you speak Welsh and live in Wales) then:

  • Select the option ‘if you are calling to tell us about someone who has died, or check what help may be available following a bereavement’.

The phone line is run by The Pension Service, but deals with calls from people of all ages.

With Grace